Screens for the Paired device for parents/guardian
Faulty Perception of City = Dangerous
My team and I conducted 5 interviews with 2 girls and 5 boys (median age: 8) and their parents. Questions we asked are:
- How far away from home can children go freely?
- What is the biggest fear when children go outside independently?
- How do children remember places?
- How large are children's mental maps of their neighborhood?
- How and why do children use smart devices?
- What are the preferences and familiarity toward existing smart devices?
Design Concepts For the Prototypes:
- familiar device such as portable game consoles.
- compass and map for way finding